Tanzania Data Lab (dLab) was established strategically to sustain the work and impact of Data Collaboratives for Local Impact (DCLI) program in Tanzania. We envision an Africa where data is frequently and effectively used to inform policy and decision-making at all levels. Our organization’s mission is to strengthen data ecosystems and data usage in innovation, policy and decision-making on health, economic growth, and gender in Tanzania and Africa.
Are you passionate about using data and data technologies for monitoring and evaluation to steer the data revolution in Tanzania? We are growing our team and are looking for a person who will be responsible for leading the management and implementation of program monitoring and evaluation frameworks and information systems to track delivery against our targets and program outcomes.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager will oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning components of Tanzania Data Lab’s program and projects. S/he leads the development of and manages the organization’s MEL Plan.
The MEL Manager develops and maintains systems to collect data and leads data analysis to produce information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program. S/he collaborates with and oversees sub-grantees to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyzes data reported from sub-grantees and supports training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods.
S/he collaborates with the management team to design operational research (OR) to support learning, evaluation and planning, and oversees the implementation of OR projects as well as analysis, dissemination, and use.
She/he shares MEL data and improvement plans, as well as strategies for program improvements for greater program effects with program team.
The MEL Manager will report to the Executive Director of Tanzania Data Lab.
• Designs and oversees the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the dLab’s program and projects
• Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
• Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components.
• Work closely with dLab’s Pillar Heads to co-design monitoring tools, selecting indicators, and determining field monitoring responsibilities. Works to ensure tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
• Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet the organization and donor reporting requirements.
• Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support towards strengthening data and innovation ecosystems.
• Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation.
• Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or organizations M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
• Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of Tanzania counterparts, and other key stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, demography, social science, economics, or relevant discipline.
• At least 5 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluating and reporting on development programs and projects
• Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems for donor funded programs and projects.
• Strong background or formal training in evaluating international development programs.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods.
• Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas).
• Fluency in English and Swahili
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
*dLab is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com before 13 December 2020.