JOB OPPORTUNITY: Finance & Administration Assistant
Tanzania Data Lab (dLab) was established strategically to sustain the work and impact of Data Collaboratives for Local Impact (DCLI) program in Tanzania. We envision an Africa where data is frequently and effectively used to inform policy and decision-making at all levels. Our organization’s mission is to strengthen data ecosystems and data usage in innovation, policy and decision-making on health, economic growth, and gender in Tanzania and Africa.
Are you skilled in finance and administration? We are growing our team and are looking for you.
Finance and Administration Assistant
Summary of key responsibilities
● Advise and support the Finance and Administration Manager to make sure the organization follows rules, regulations and policies that are in place to support operations.
● Support the development of the human resource status report and monthly or quarterly financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
● Support the Finance and Administration Manager to conduct monthly financial reconciliation
● Participate in the review and monitoring process of the approved budget
● Support the Finance and Administration Manager to develop strategies that work to minimize financial risk and human resource management.
● Make sure all relevant tax returns or payment as stipulated by the regulatory authority are done
● Make sure the organization follows its internal policies and government rules and regulations.
● Maintain asset register and movement of assets to staff.
● Provide support to both Internal and External Auditors when the need arises.
● Support management of all data related to finance and human resource
● Advise Finance and Administration Manager on all matters related to finance and administration
● Participate in the development of annual work plan for the finance and administration department
● Support all pillars in all matters related to finance and administration
● Follow up & review financials for sub grantees on compliance issues.
● Participate in the review and recommend for update all organization operations’ manual when need arise
● Maintain the office petty cash
● Maintain & follow up on the dLab venues.
● Contribute to strategic discussions on the organization, specific projects project and its continuation opportunities
● As the initial contact person for all employees, will have to make sure all human resources issues are handled carefully
Skills and Qualifications:
● At least two years of working as a Finance and Administration Officer
● First degree in related field such as Bachelor of Accountancy, Finance or Business administration. CPA/ACCA is an added advantage.
● Proven experience on using financial software especially Quick book
● A solid understanding of Tanzania and International Financial and Labor regulations and requirements
Work based skills:
● Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
● Excellent problem solving, planning and organizing skills
● Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
● Experience of working with NGOs and donor funded projects and working with government as added advantage
● Able to work effectively as part of a diverse team
● Proven record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences
● Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
● Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required; fluency in Swahili is desired
● A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
*dLab is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com by 07 June 2021.