- This event has passed.
SHORT COURSE ON SPSS 20 SOFTWARE
May 20 @ 2:00 pm - May 24 @ 5:00 pm
Click here to register for a course in MAY 2019
What you will learn:
The training covers the basic techniques on SPSS Software usage which will go through basic statistical methods with further emphasis on data management. The course will cover the following areas:
- Familiarizing trainees on SPSS Usage to data Entry and Manipulation in SPSS, i.e enter categorical and continuous data, define and label variables
- Learn how to use SPSS to calculate descriptive and inferential statistics i.e two way graphs
- Use measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion in SPSS.
- Create data visualizations and edit for graphs, plots and charts.
- Perform Correlations and simple linear regression analyses
- Multiple response analysis.
- Analysis of data and interpretations of results
Who is this for?
Employees from private companies, NGOs/CSOs and the public sector including:
Program managers, M&E, Analysts, Journalists, Enumerators, Researchers & Anyone working with data
About the course
- The workshop will be a combination of presentations and working sessions
- The sessions will be interactive to allow participants to engage in conversation, share ideas, and work together with the presenters and each other
- All training materials will be provided to participants under an open licence
- No prior technical or analytical background is required.
- A wifi-enabled laptop is required with a windows spreadsheet application
- A laptop with ability to install new software is necessary
A link to course resources will be provided at the beginning of the course
dLab has competent Open Data Institute (ODI) certified Trainers
Time and Venue
The course will be held at dLab, University of Dar es salaam, College of ICT, Kijitonyama Campus, Dar es salaam from 1400 to 1700 hrs.
- Tsh 399,999 /= ( 199 USD). The cost will cover course materials and soft drinks.
- Those who will pay 14 days before commencing training will get a discount of 30% off.
The amount should be deposited in the following account:
TANZANIA DATA LAB
CRDB PLC – 0150358111000 (TSH)
CRDB PLC – 0250358111000 (USD)
Swift code: CORUTZTZ
The scanned confirmation for payment should be sent to us via firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com or contact us through +255 756 480 780 or +255 714 115 755 or +255 682 907 636