- This event has passed.
DATA COLLECTION USING OPEN DATA KIT & SURVEY CTO
March 11 @ 2:00 pm - March 15 @ 5:00 pm
Click here to register for a course in MARCH 2019
What you will learn:
The training covers the basic techniques on Open Data Kit and mobile Data collection and will cover the following areas
- Mobile Data Collection- Best Practice for mobile phone Data Collection
- Open Data Kit (ODK) and Survey CTO- Introduction, creating account and Creating Survey (XLS)- XLS Form structure (survey, choices and settings)
- Load forms into Collect on an Android device
- Use Collect to fill out forms with participants during data collection
- learn how to upload a survey from a Server/Collect to Aggregate
- Analyse or export data in Aggregate
- Practical’s .
Who is this for?
Employees from private companies, NGOs/CSOs and the public sector including:
Program Managers, M&E, Analysts, Journalists, Enumerators, Researchers, Data Scientists & Anyone working with data
About the course
- The workshop will be a combination of presentations and working sessions
- The sessions will be interactive to allow participants to engage in conversation, share ideas, and work together with the presenters and each other
- All training materials will be provided to participants under an open licence
- No prior technical or analytical background is required.
- A wifi-enabled laptop is required with a windows spreadsheet application
- A laptop with ability to install new software is necessary
A link to course resources will be provided at the beginning of the course
dLab has competent Open Data Institute (ODI) certified Trainers
Time and Venue
All courses will be held at dLab, University of Dar es salaam, College of ICT, Kijitonyama Campus, Dar es salaam from 1400 to 1700 hrs.
- Tsh 399,999 /= ( 199 USD). The cost will cover course materials and soft drinks.
- Those who will pay 14 days before commencing training will get a discount of 30% off.
The amount should be deposited in the following account:
TANZANIA DATA LAB
CRDB PLC – 0150358111000 (TSH)
CRDB PLC – 0250358111000 (USD)
Swift code: CORUTZTZ
The scanned/ image confirmation for payment should be sent to us via firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com or contact us through +255 756 480 780 or +255 714 115 755 or +255 682 907 636