- This event has passed.
DATA ANALYSIS & MANAGEMENT USING STATA 14 SOFTWARE
April 15 @ 2:00 pm - April 19 @ 5:00 pm
Click here to register for a course in APRIL 2019
What you will learn:
The training covers the basic techniques on data analysis and manipulation using STATA Software and it will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to STATA 14 (Statistics and Data Analysis), Importing and exporting data from csv. Or xls forms to Stata.
- Entering and Executing the Stata commands
- Understand basic stata commands
- Create and modifying variables on datasets
- Preparation and execution of DO file/s.
- Merging and appending Data sets
- Shaping datasets i.e wide or long
- Perform statistical tests i.e (t-tests and correlations)
- Perform Regression analysis in STATA
Who is this for?
Employees from private companies, NGOs/CSOs and the public sector including:
Program managers, M&E, Analysts, Journalists, Enumerators, Data Scientists & Anyone working with data
About the course
- The workshop will be a combination of presentations, small group work and working sessions.
- The training is practical and everyone shall be expected to practically participate.
- The sessions will be interactive to allow participants to engage in conversation, share ideas, and work together with the presenters and each other.
- All training materials will be provided to participants under an open licence.
- No prior technical or analytical background is required.
- A wifi-enabled laptop is required with a spreadsheet application
- A laptop with ability to install new software is necessary
A link to course resources will be provided at the beginning of the course
dLab has competent Open Data Institute (ODI) certified Trainers
Time and Venue
The course will be held at dLab, University of Dar es salaam, College of ICT, Kijitonyama Campus, Dar es salaam from 1400 to 1700 hrs.
- Tsh 399,999 /= ( 199 USD). The cost will cover course materials and soft drinks.
- Those who will pay 14 days before commencing training will get a discount of 30% off.
The amount should be deposited in the following account:
TANZANIA DATA LAB
CRDB PLC – 0150358111000 (TSH)
CRDB PLC – 0250358111000 (USD)
Swift code: CORUTZTZ
The scanned confirmation for payment should be sent to us via email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through +255 756 480 780 or +255 714 115 755 or +255 682 907 636