dLab will be conducting Data Visualization course on 22nd to 26th January 2018 from 0800 to 1600 hrs. The course will be held at dLab, University of Dar es salaam, College of ICT, Kijitonyama Campus, Dar es salaam.
By the the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Transform datasets into graphs, charts and maps, and integrate into spectacular reports and dashboards
- Build visualizations to present data into comprehensible styles for decision making
- Create powerful visualizations using Tableau to spur insights from complex datasets
Who is this for?
Employees from private companies, NGOs/CSOs and the public sector.
About the course
The workshop will be a combination of presentations, small group work and working sessions. The sessions will be interactive to allow participants to engage in conversation, share ideas, and work together with the presenters and each other.
All training materials will be provided to participants under an open licence.
- No prior technical or analytical background is required.
- A wifi-enabled laptop is required with a spreadsheet application
- Ability to install new software is necessary
A link to course resources will be provided at the beginning of the course
Charles Bundu (dLab’s lead Data Scientist and Mahadia Tunga (dLab Head of Training and ODI open data certified trainer)
Fee for the course is Tsh 460,000/= (200 USD) for full five days course and Tsh 360,000/= (150 USD) for three days (without Tableau training). The cost will cover course materials, breakfast and lunch. The amount should be deposited in the following account: The confirmation for payment should be send to us via firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
Name of Account: University of Dar es salaam Computing Centre
Account Number: 040105000150
Name of Bank: NBC UDSM Branch
SWIFT Number: NLCBTZTX
Bank Address: P.O.Box 35181 DSM,Tanzania